Successful Settlements and Verdicts
At Mandel & Mandel, LLP, we work hard to ensure every client receives vigorous legal representation, and we consistently produce positive settlements and verdicts. The outcomes below include some — though certainly not all — significant recoveries we have obtained for our clients. Please note that past results afford no guarantee of future results and that every case is different and must be judged on its own merits.
Our firm has helped clients recover:
- 3.75 Million Arbitration Award in a Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) case where the firm served as co-counsel.
- $8 million settlement after a truck accident resulted in a young boy’s paraplegia.
- $5.2 million settlement involving a motor vehicle collision lawsuit. A commercial vehicle turned in front of our client’s vehicle, resulting in a closed head injury and facial and leg fractures. Our client required ongoing care and lost his ability to work.
- $2.5 million verdict in a wrongful death suit for the family of a woman who was killed in a helicopter accident caused by unmarked power lines.
- $2.3 million settlement in an auto accident case involving a pedestrian and a vehicle that ran a red light. Our client sustained facial fractures, a broken humerus and temporary blindness in her eye.
- $1.9 million settlement involving a dump truck. Our client was pulled over on the side of an on-ramp and crushed by an overturned dump truck, ultimately sustaining head and back injuries that resulted in an inability to work.
- $1.5 million settlement in a product liability case. Our client’s leg was amputated below the knee as he was clearing a machine because a fellow worker thought he was starting another machine on the same control panel. Our firm resolved his case at mediation.
- $1.2 million settlement in a premises liability suit.
- $1 million settlement in a motor vehicle collision/underinsured motorist case. Our client sustained severe injuries that resulted in her inability to return to her former employment. The recovery represents the insurance available.
- $750,000 verdict for a product liability case where our client was severely injured in a press.
- $553,500 verdict in a medical negligence case. Our client suffered an ongoing infection that was not properly diagnosed or treated following an open reduction surgery on a severe tibia-fibula fracture.
- $294,558 arbitration award in a wrongful death suit involving poor highway design and maintenance on the part of the Missouri Department of Transportation. We represented the family of a woman who died after losing control of her car due to pools of water on a curvy road.
- Confidential settlement in a product liability suit alleging negligent inspection. Our firm was able to recover a significant settlement for the wrongful death of a family from carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Confidential settlement in a product liability case where a young boy sustained severe burns to more than half his body from a fire caused by a household product.
- Confidential structured settlement in a product liability claim where a young girl sustained severe burns to her lower body from a drain cleaner containing sulfuric acid.
- Confidential settlement in a wrongful death case involving a trucking accident.
- Confidential settlement in a medical negligence lawsuit. Our client lost her leg after her hospital and doctors failed to recognize and treat a blood clot.
- Confidential settlement in a medical negligence case. Our client sustained a severe kidney disease and eventually suffered from kidney failure after his healthcare provider failed to diagnose and treat his condition.
Contact Mandel & Mandel, LLP
With offices in downtown St. Louis and Wentzville, Mandel & Mandel, LLP is your ideal source for legal representation if you have been injured due to someone else’s carelessness or negligence. Contact our law firm online or at 866-557-9567 for a free initial consultation. We keep flexible office hours, operate on a contingency fee basis for all cases — meaning you pay nothing for our services unless we collect a settlement or judgment on your behalf — and can come to your home or hospital room if you are unable to travel. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis Metro Area of Missouri and Illinois, including St. Louis, Jefferson, Lincoln and St. Charles counties.